Sunday, October 09, 2005

going for his knife

I lived in the Chelsea Hotel one day in the late 1980's, around 1988.

I was in a punk-noise-electronic band, CAMOUFLAGE DANSE, and my girlfriend Vava Vol and I stayed there one day and night.

I wanted to record a "Live at Hotel Chelsea" performance of my band there. But stupidly, I didn't force the guys to do it, but I regret it now.

Sometime in near future, if there is such a thing as near and future combined, I wish to do a solo electronic music show there, in a room at the Chelsea Hotel.

:*)

Friday, October 07, 2005 1:17:41 PM
Delete
Zafufilia said...

Buddha and Plato... Isn't that like tequila and kahlua?

Sunday, October 09, 2005 4:27:28 PM
Delete
Zafufilia said...

I work in that area. However, I have not been by there in twenty years. And I've never been in it. I'd meet you there to make a record though...

One of my favorite movies of the '80s is Sid and Nancy, which depicts her demise at the hotel. I am fascinated by the way Chloe Webb says "Siiiiiiiiiid.... But SSSsiiiiiiiiid."

Sunday, October 09, 2005 4:31:25 PM
Delete
Steven Streight said...

My band CAMOUFLAGE DANSE, music of which is now available in an album "Our Sound", which I will try to feature as an audio blog here at Vaspers the Grate, was more everything than Sid's.

After I saw SID AND NANCY film in a midtown NYC movie theatre, I accidentally bumped into a guy walking down the street holding a martini, which I had inadvertently sloshed by stumbling into him.

I mumbled some apologetic text, then he, not hearing it or thinking it sufficient, started to get smart with me, complaining about the sloshing of his beverage, and reaching for his back pocket.

That meant he was going for his knife.

Sunday, October 09, 2005 4:53:44 PM
Delete

No comments: