Friday, July 14, 2006

Brad's shirt shines like a thousand crimson stars

I had vomited twice already, that's how worried I was. I could feel a mighty cloud of gloom fasten its antennae to my head so I would be nothing more than a passive row of rotating regular receptors.

Something terrible might have happened to Brad, so I feared at the time. It wasn't like him to arrive even a few minutes late. I squirmed and fidgeted in my chair. The donut I ate an hour and a half ago now was causing my stomach to rumble with sour sighs.

I scratched my ear, stretched my arms, stood up, and looked around for the three hundreth time. The other patrons gave me hateful looks. They were bothered by my head bobbing, neck twisting, and tiptoe peering over the crowd, trying to see if I might spot Brad heading toward me.

I was just about half a minute from giving up, and returning home. I jumped up, knocked my and two other guys' drinks over, to take one last look around, before declaring the night a total failure.

Finally, here he came, nearly 45 minutes late, wearing a red satin sheen Cutter & Buck Dry Tech shirt that wicks moisture away from your skin, while drying rapidly to keep you cool and comfortable. Pairing integrity of design and traditional quality construction with the latest in innovative technology, Brad's high performance garment was providing him with absolute protection and luxurious ease of wear, in any weather or clime.

No comments: