Wednesday, April 05, 2006

killer unicorns and me

I entered the arena with trepidation. When my fans started cheering, I knew I was in trouble. They weren't cheering me. They were cheering the mechanical unicorns that were amassed against me.

Why did anyone think a horse with a sharp pointed spear on its head was gentle, peaceful, or kind? A horn is for attack and defense.

My fans had turned on me, and now, as I stared up at them, I could see the scowls and grimaces that seemed to unite into a consensus condemnation. They surely knew it was wrong to be so bloodthirsty, but they didn't care. Titans of hostility directed toward me, I wished them well as I prepared for the painful slaughter, culminating in mutilated demise, the end of what I fancy is me.

There I was, all alone, facing about twenty or thirty killer unicorns. Made of steel, with diamond sewage laser tipped needles, and electricity, their animosity, programmed by a human hater, was thickly set against me, to do me ill.

3 comments:

carrie said...

unicorns are awesome. i don't know much about them but figure there muxt be some sort of phallic association.

steven edward streight said...

I don't understand what you mean by awesome.

Unicorns are cruel, violent, unstable creatures who use their sharp horns to kill and maim.

Horns are never given by nature for beauty, but are always used for attack and defense.

This is what I can't figure out: why would anyone think a horned creature to be gentle and mystical?

Unicorns are very, very dangerous.

carrie said...

i love them. i love the word unicorn and i love the pastel colors in their aura and they are beaoooooooooooootiful and magical and strong and swift. do they kill out of malice? killing in itself is not evil